Of course I'm into V-day, I'm in love. But the real issue is candy hearts. For those of you who dont know, those things are made of geletin. (Boiled animal bones, ligaments, and tendons)
While candy hearts are very cute (I cant deny their appeal in society), they are not vegan. So as vegans and compassionate people in this world, I propose that we all do something different for Valentines day instead of giving your sweetie a piece of a dead animal that says "I Love You"on it.
Most people do candy hearts, and a lot of vegan give/eat them without knowing they are not vegan! So here are some cruelty free ideas for Valentines Day:
- Bake vegan brownies
- Give out other candies (semi sweet chips, lollies, etc)
- Make homeade cards and even storebought
- Teddy Bears are the ultimate sign of love these days
- Big lollipops (the ones that are 6" in diameter)
- Give out other kinds of stuffed animals
- IOU cards (free massage, kiss, makeout session, car wash, do the dishes, etc)
- Treat your honey for a night out
Thats all I can think of for now. So I want YOU to think of some stuff, go out and do it. Promote compassion towards animals, and have fun and show off your love. Leave your ideas as a comment, or on the chatterbox.