Sunday, January 27, 2008
2 ripe avocados (with skin off and without pits)
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 medium jalapenos (or a handful of slices from a jar), diced
2 TBS lime juice (you can use less, I like a lot of lime!)
2TBS jalapeno hot sauce (optional, since fresh/jarred can be expensive if you use a lot)
Dash of salt (if not using hot sauce)
1. Put the avocados in a bowl and mash well with a fork. I prefer to use a fork instead of an electric mixer because I like some small pieces of avocado and it makes it heavier.
2. Add the onion, jalapenos, lime juice, and hot sauce/salt, mix in with the fork.
If you want, you can add chili powder, diced green chilies, diced tomato, and other things. You can also make this without any hot peppers at all. There are many different variations! You also could substitute lemon juice for lime, or leave it out. I've made this so many ways and its always good!! ♥
Saturday, January 26, 2008
I just got back from Vermont less than an hour ago. While I was there, I got a portabello burger at Patrick's Place in Randolph with my best friend. And tonight I'm going to some restaurant with family.
Tomorrow I'm going to the mall for clothes and just for fun. I'll probably get some cool vegan clothes at Hot Topic, Aéropostale, and Forever 21. And I'm going to get a new vegan purse if I can (I currently have a canvas one from Hot Topic, I need something bigger (or with a bigger opening!) to hold all my makeup (that's a lot lol), iPod, digital camera, and everything else I manage to stuff in there.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
If you can't tell, I'm really happy about this, it's like being a mini-celebrity when someone asks you to try their product and write about it! :)
And a little off-topic here, but THE PATRIOTS WON!!! (My favorite team if you didn't already know). Which means we are going to the SuperBowl! So I'm going to make another SuperBowl party post for this year's bowl (red, white and blue themed, n'est pas?).
Saturday, January 19, 2008
So far I have a blinkie and the starts of a few other things. I'll keep you guys posted on when I uploaded stuff.
And don't worry, all my stuff will be free to use for anything you want as long as you don't claim it as your own work!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Did you know that smoking cigarettes is not only extremely bad for your own health, but its cruel and horrific to animals? Here are a few experiments that are being done (qtd from Smokinganimals.com):
- Cutting holes in beagles' throats through which the dogs are forced to breathe concentrated cigarette smoke for a year.
- Inserting electrodes into dogs' penises to measure the effect of cigarette smoke on sexual performance.
- Strapping masks to the faces of rats and monkeys and permanently restraining them to force them to breathe cigarette smoke constantly.
- Forcing dogs to be on mechanical ventilators and chronically exposed to cigarette smoke.
- Restraining Rhesus monkeys in chairs with head devices and exposing them to nicotine and caffeine to determine how caffeine and nicotine affect breathing.
Smoking is unvegan (because of animal testing) if you smoke any brand of cigarettes other than American Spirit (which stopped testing). I'm not suggesting you smoke at all though, if you do so you are contributing to the approximately 3,400 lung cancer deaths of non-smokers!!!!!
However, if you do wish to continue the dirty habit, please switch to American Spirits, as they are considered the only "cruelty-free" brand, even though for years previous they have used animal testing.
Monday, January 14, 2008
2. Saute onions and peppers (and soy meat if using) for 10 mins in oil.
3. Add other ingredients and simmer for 45 mins.
For those of you who dont know, BlogExplosion is a traffic exchange site that helps you get more traffic to your blog. Besides being easy to transfer, I also want to help support the online vegan blog community. So I guess the contest would only be open to bloggers (if you wanted the prize, and it could be any type of blog, not just vegan), but that means you could always make your own blog!
Maybe it could be a best blog contest? Or essay to be submitted to a newspaper? Or best vegan tutorial? Best vegan art? I'm still not exactly sure yet, so leave me some ideas!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
I havent actually had a real birthday party since I was 10, so I dont know exactly what to do. I'm thinking about having some friends over, maybe go to a movie and the mall, and going home to my house for some vegan cake. If you have any suggestions please tell me because I need ideas!
Saturday, January 05, 2008
I'll be adding more sites whenever I find them!
- PETA: Get Your FREE Vegetarian Starter Kit from PETA
If you aren't already a vegan/vegetarian, this booklet gives you easy recipes and interesting information on the subject.
- PETA: Join P!nk in Signing petition to ban Horse-Drawn carriages in NYC
- The Animal Rescue Site: Click to Give
When you click the button once per day, advertising sponsers donate .6 bowls of food to hungry animals in shelters
- Care2.com: Race for Pets in Need
Each click helps vaccinate one animal. "100% of the donations generated go to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) Rural Area Veterinary Services"
- Care2.com: Race for the Big Cats
Each click provides habitat for Jaguars, Tigers, and Snow Leopards!
- Care 2.com: Race for the Primates
Each click provides an apple to a hungry primate!
- Care2.com: Race to Save Baby Seals
Each click helps provide funding for a Public Service Announcement protesting the Canadian Seal Hunt!
- Goodsearch.com: Use this Search Engine
Choose the charity you wish to donate to (PETA, In Defense of Animals, ASPCA, WSPA and Mercy For Animals are all good choices, maybe your local shelter will be on there!)
- PETA: Send an E-card!
PETA E-cards send more than just a written message, and are so easy to send!
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Check them out here
To name a few:
Best Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Line - Urban Decay
Best Cruelty-Free Personal Care Product Line - White Rain
Most Progressive Chef - Wolfgang Puck
Most Improved National Food Chain - Burger King
Most Animal-Friendly Search Engine - Dogpile
Tuesday, January 01, 2008