Thursday, March 16, 2006

Survival Hunting

Eh, Social Studies is getting disgusting. We keep having to watch buffalo hunts by native americans. As much as I hate hunting, the type of hunting they do isn't as bad as today.

  • They cannot grow crops all year in their area
  • The US government moved them to places were the land was not suitable for crops
  • They use EVERY part of the animal. Hides, organs, meat, bones, etc.
  • They ONLY kill what they absolutely NEED.
  • They consider it "borrowing it from the earth" and do not like ending the life of an animal for no good reason.
I just thought that was interesting.

2 comments:

Adam Trent Phillips said...

I tend to think that being vegan is about making choices that you can make, as opposed to choices one cannot make.

There are people in places all over the globe that cannot go totally vegan for various reasons.

Even in the US, there are people who cannot do it for economic reasons. A great example are some of the temp workers I have known, who can only scrape together the cash for leather work boots. For them, no boots means no work, period.

But then again, I doubt many of them would support their taxes going to the subsidy that the leather industry gets from our government.

I think it's great that you took their situation into consideration. It's too easy for some of us to get preachy.

But, on the other hand, for those of us who live in urban areas and have the means.....

Adam

Allie B said...

I agree. I dont live in an urbanized area (but it is civilized), and I can be vegan quite easily.

Its all about trying it and instead of giving up when something goes a bit wrong or unexpected.

Google Search!