Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Vegans Aren't Weak!

I cannot believe how many people say that vegans are weak, spindly, skinny, anorexic, little beanpoles. I'm 5'3.5" and 108.5 lbs. That isnt underweight at all. Thats a perfect BMI of 19. I have a body fat of 21.5%, which for a female is good.

And then there is the fact that we are weak. Team IDA has their own vegan bodybuilder, who came in 3rd in a copetition of over 200 body builders. Also, I'm a vegan and am very good at sports. I'm the fasted female runner in my gym class, I play hockey better than half the guys, and I am very good a halfback in soccer (which is where you do the most running.) I'm also in track and field, and have very good times.

If you eat the same amount of calories or more calories than you burn, you stay at the same weight (or gain weight) If you get less than you burn, you lose weight. 3,500 calories make a pound of fat.

If you eat a balanced diet, exercise, and train your skills, there is no reason for you to be weak and/or underweight.

http://www.teamida.org/ has lots of info on sports and other physical stuff, and its all about veganism too!
"Team IDA encourages members to take part in local athletic events to support the image of strength and leadership in animal advocacy."- says the 'About Team IDA' page on their website
Happy vexercising!

No comments:

Google Search!