Friday, March 17, 2006

Recipe Changes

I hate when companies change their recipes. Boca is especially guilty of this...

I bought some "sausages" the other day. 2 months ago they were vegan. Now they have eggs in them. Luckily I noticed this before I ate them. I've had some close calls in the past. Usually I check ingredients on everything, but these used to have the word "vegan" written right on them. It wasnt very big, so when they made the change I didnt notice the missing word from the package.

I just wish companies put "NON-VEGAN" in big letters on products that are no longer vegan. Its such a shame to buy something like that and not be able to use it.

I have no idea why vegetarian companies do this. They are getting MORE customers when the product is vegan, everyone can eat it! But when its not, only the vegetarians can eat it.

On a similar not, many soy cheeses claim to be "vegan" and "animal product free" yet they contain casein, a milk protein.

Why cant the whole world be vegan??!! It would really solve a lot of problems :)

No comments:

Google Search!