Wednesday, May 10, 2006

School Project (Comments Needed!)

For English and Social Studies, I have to research an aspect of local history as my final exam... I also have to make some kind of visual to represent the project.

I have that covered... The co-op supports local farmers, so I am going to cook something for about 40 people, that is made from only local foods. Of course, its going to be vegan.

So I need to know... What is a great vegan snack (or meals or side-dishes)that can be made big, and that most omnivorous teenagers will each. (Eliminates tofu and other things hard to pronounce). It also needs to be made from fresh produce. I have a few ideas, like portobello burgers, mashed potatoes with chives, mashed yams with sauteed zuchinni and scallions and some others. I would really appreciate your input, and hopefully I can show some of my classmates that vegan food rocks!

3 comments:

lindyloo said...

I don't know if this is way past-due, but if you're still looking for suggestions, you may wanna try posting this same question (and/or entry) here:

http://community.livejournal.com/vegancooking/

People are usually quick to respond and helpful. You may get some good suggestions.

Good luck with your project!

Lillet Langtry said...

Good luck!!! You rock!

Sexy Vegan Chick said...

Thanks!

Google Search!