Wednesday, May 10, 2006

School Project (Comments Needed!)

For English and Social Studies, I have to research an aspect of local history as my final exam... I also have to make some kind of visual to represent the project.

I have that covered... The co-op supports local farmers, so I am going to cook something for about 40 people, that is made from only local foods. Of course, its going to be vegan.

So I need to know... What is a great vegan snack (or meals or side-dishes)that can be made big, and that most omnivorous teenagers will each. (Eliminates tofu and other things hard to pronounce). It also needs to be made from fresh produce. I have a few ideas, like portobello burgers, mashed potatoes with chives, mashed yams with sauteed zuchinni and scallions and some others. I would really appreciate your input, and hopefully I can show some of my classmates that vegan food rocks!

2 comments:

Lindy Loo said...

I don't know if this is way past-due, but if you're still looking for suggestions, you may wanna try posting this same question (and/or entry) here:

http://community.livejournal.com/vegancooking/

People are usually quick to respond and helpful. You may get some good suggestions.

Good luck with your project!

Lillet Langtry said...

Good luck!!! You rock!

Google Search!