Monday, October 16, 2006

My Baking Expeditions

Well, the brownie mix I used turned out to have more sugar than flour, which means that the egg replacer didnt work right (I've noticed that you need to have a substantial amount of flour for it work correctly). THEY WERE FLAT! About 1/4 inch thick. They were yummy while warm but once they cooled they were battle weapons.

The cake on the other hand (same brand of mix, Dr. Oetker) turned out lovely. I'll post the recipe for it since I made a 2-layer Chocolate Coconut cake. It was a little on the dry side, but still very yummy.

Today I also tried making Tandoori Tofu. EWWW. For some reason the sauce didnt taste right and when it cooked it just burned instead of glazing like its supposed to. The sauce was like a paste, but it should have been a brush on glaze (like the orange tandoori chicken, which was the original recipe I used).

No comments:

Google Search!