My mother doesn't allow a microwave in the house because they change the chemical structure of food. Seeds will not germinate if they are only given microwaved water. Also, microwaves destroy vitamin B12, an essential vitamin that is rarely found in plant sources (most soymilks, cereals, and countless other items are fortified with it.) So if your only source of B12 comes from your cereal, don't microwave it because you may develop a deficiency (you only need 3micrograms a day, and it takes up to 3 years before you can develop a severe deficiency.)
Here are some healthy, natural, and homemade meals you can make in about 10 minutes or less, OR they only take 10 mins or less of preparation time.
- Pasta with marinara - Heat the water from the tap first before putting it in the pan (only do this if your plumbing is fairly new, don't do this with lead pipes!) Using hot water saves about 5 or 10 minutes. Also, use quick cooking pasta like cappellini and angel hair.
- Portobello burgers (wash mushroom, saute mushroom, eat mushroom)
- Vegan quesadillas (avocado instead of cheese)
- Salad with sliced bell pepper and cucumber with a good dressing (and crutons if you wish)
- Scallion Mashed Potatoes - while the taters take more time to cook, you can do something else while you wait, it only takes 3 minutes at the end to put mash them.
- Stir-fry - Use frozen assorted vegetables