Friday, February 22, 2008

Good, Easy to Find Vegan Pastry

The company Barry's Bakery was founded by Barry Yellen, who suffered a heart attack at 42. After being put on a no-sweet diet, he created a French Pastry Twist that had no cholesterol, butter, eggs, yeast, or dairy. They also happen to be vegan. The ingredients in the Original variety are: High gluten wheat flour, soy oil, palm oil, beet sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Each twist only has 60 calories. These twists are really good! Vegan pastries are hard to find, and Barry's Twists are available nationwide in most supermarkets (the site has a store locator if you havent seen them before). They are decently priced, and come in Original (cinnamon), Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Wild Raspberry, Maple French Toast, California Almond, Cafe Mocha, and Key Lime.
When I got my 2nd term report card with straight A's my mom bought me 4 bags! Surpringly, I haven't eaten them all!

7 comments:

jenny said...

I LOVE these twists!

Anonymous said...

good information

visit this dog site
Dogs - breeds information - dog breeds

Gnewvegan said...

I have not seen these but will be on the lookout now..

Thanks Allie
Gemma
http://www.invitationfrom-gnewvegan.blogspot.com/

gregg said...

WOW IM IMPRESSED YOUR THE SMARTEST VEGAN IVE EVER SEEN CHECK OUT MY BLOG IF U GET A CHANCE

gregg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hey, my name is marwin, im also vegan! its nice to see more connecticutians (or however you say it) who are vegan!

my blog doesnt focus on vegan cooking but i do write a lot about it. if youd like to trade recipes sometime leave me a comment! i do a lot of baking and im really into cooking indian/pakistani food.

*marwin*
marwin.deadjournal.com

Nicole said...

I loveee those things. I found them at costco and was like "darn I wish I could eat those" then noticed that it said "NO DAIRY" "NO EGGS" and just about DIED of happiness.

I really like your blog btw.

Google Search!